It's time to roll up your sleeves and head to Iowa because we are ready to start "Growing Connections For Success" at the 2015 MASFAA Conference! The conference committee is in full "planting" mode and plans to have a "full crop" of information to share with you. Check out below the items currently being "fertilized":
- Pre-conference NASFAA Credentialing Session on Student Eligibility. Do not delay it any longer, and pay less than what you would doing it online. Great opportunity to get your NASFAA credential in person with us!
- Pete the Planner will help us understand "Why College Savings has Nothing to do with Money". Peter Dunn a.k.a. Pete the Planner is an award-winning comedian and an award-winning financial mind. In 2012, Cision named Pete the fourth most influential financial broadcaster in the nation.
- Presentations by:
- Justin Draeger, NASFAA President and CEO
- Federal Student Aid Update and presentations by FSA Trainers
- Office of Inspector General - U.S Department of Education
- Enrollment Management Panel
- Your fellow colleagues across the Mid-West on a variety of interest sessions (more to come later)
- MASFAA Financial Literacy Outreach event, Reality Life Zone, is Back!
- This year MASFAA will be providing a Reality Life Zone event to 100 West Liberty High School ninth graders! The Reality Life Zone is an interactive financial management and literacy event where the students will walk to each station, and be provided options regarding transportation, housing, and other personal financial decision while trying to balance a budget. This fun and engaging event will be sure to spark interest and curiosity in the students while they learn to make responsible choices now and in the future. Please consider volunteering for one of the two events when the registration becomes available. Perhaps you may even find this is something you will want to take back to your community in some form.
- And, as always, the wonderful opportunity to network with our peers through User Group and Sector Meetings as well as throughout the entire conference.
- New for 2015 - Roundtable discussions on Federal Student Aid "Hot Topics"
Pete the Planner