The Midwest Association for Financial Aid Administrators (MASFAA) acknowledges that many students face financial, academic, and social barriers that complicate the completion of their education. As financial aid professionals, we believe all students should be granted access to an affordable education to achieve their education and career goals.
The MASFAA Access Scholarship seeks to support students facing barriers to their financial, academic, and social success. In 2022, MASFAA will provide a one-time $500 scholarship to offer financial support towards a student’s tuition, fees, books and supplies, housing, and transportation costs.
All students (certificate, associate, undergraduate, graduate, or professional) from the MASFAA region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, West Virginia, or Wisconsin) are welcome to apply.
The deadline to apply is September 15, 2022.
Applications will be scored based on the following criteria:
1. Application Completion
- Application is fully completed (no blanks).
- Instructions were followed (kept within word count limit).
- Application was proofed for grammar and spelling errors.
2. Access Essay
- Thoughtfully describes a personal experience with adversity.
- Shares detailed strategies to overcome the obstacle.
- Discusses the impact the experience has had on self.
3. Education and Career Goals
- Thoughtfully describes future goals and their importance to you.
- Description demonstrates your character, strengths, and educational goals.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The recipient of the MASFAA Scholarship will be announced mid-October.